So here are the 'famous' Australians I know:
Kylie, Jason, Rolf Harris, Thorpedo,Shane Warne, John Torode (think he's famous in UK & not here), Danni, Craig MacLachlan!!
I can't name any famous Australian inventions or inventors (did the guy who found treatment for Heliobacter Pylori come from Oz?)
I've seen the following Australian films:
The mystery at hanging rock (not even sure that's the real name),Priscilla, Muriel's Wedding, Drift and genuinely that's it!!!
Australian novels I've read? The Slap, that's it!!
So here's the list of what I'm going to do, learn, read to understand Australia more !!
- Learn the rules of AFL & pick a team!!
- Start reading my way through the Top 50 Australian books
- Learn what a bloody bilby is!!
- Tone my thighs so I can wear a skirt without chaffing
- Stop inviting people to my house and start arranging to meet up at random locations 3 hours drive away, to eat a sausage in a bun with 1 beer (I'm driving) and move the contents of my house with me so I can be comfortable at said park!! Cool box, chairs, blankets! I'm going to blog about both this & 'Sausage Sizzles' at a later date!!
- Watch 1 Australian film every month ( any recommendations much appreciated).
- Learn to be safe at the beach! I need to get wee ones into Surfies & I'm contemplating doing the training to be a helper at Surf Club
Other than this list, does anyone have any other suggestions?