Saturday, July 27, 2013

Girls & best friends!!

My middle daughter came home from Kindy this week & announced that Lucy wasn't her best friend anymore & boys can't be best friends!!

I duly launched into my tried & tested 'best friends' explanation. 

'No one person can or should be your best friend. You cannot & will not love every bit of a person nor will you share likes, hobbies, opinions with everyone. You will however meet through your life many people who will feature highly in your list of friends you love. It's better to have 10 best friends or more if you can. You're lucky you have 2 sisters & a lovely mummy so you already have 3 best friends'!! Her wee head cocked & looked up at me 'ok mummy, but you don't count!!'

Anyway got me to thinking and here in no particular order are the single sentence descriptions of my best friends. Wonder if you'll pick yourself out

• Cooky & fruity,loves films/music/clothes, inspiring
• Raucous, talented, sexy, my red wine confidant
• funny wee wummin, who can never do anything right in my eyes, but god help her keeps trying!!
• Strong, kind, yummy, motivating, my wee sister in another life
• Friend for life, through the highs & lows
• Wee running Kylie
• Funny, amazing, dungaree wearing, chisel wielding, Doris day loving, ambulance driver!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I better not be the just one lol love you naughty sensitive creative strong generous kind funny fanny x